Locating your septic tank can be a bit challenging and is best left to professionals. We have the knowledge and equipment to find and uncover your tank lids quickly and efficiently with the least amount of damage to your property. Time after time, the homeowner, (rightfully so) tries to save a few dollars and spends hours or even days digging holes in the yard in an attempt to locate the tank; in the process many well-meaning folks have damaged their utility lines and even the sewer pipes themselves. JT's has the means to locate the tank quickly and safely- including flushable locators and/or a sewer camera.
If you insist on trying to find your own septic tank here are a few hints that will help you estimate its location:
- Determine the location of your sewer cleanouts- the tank should be in close proximity to the cleanouts.
- You may find dead spots in the yard if you have a shallow tank.
- There may be depressions in the dirt, approximately 8′ x 5′.
- You may have a plot layout of utilities in your yard (check with the county).
- If the tank is deep, you may want to consider installing risers, which bring the tank access to the surface. JT's would be happy to install risers, or you may purchase Tuf-Tite brand risers directly from JT's to install.
tank access examples:
septic tanks with risers:
obtain A COPY OF YOUR PLOT PLAN
Owners of septic systems can contact Yavapai County Environmental Services to get a copy of your septic permit and plot plan. These can be mailed, faxed, emailed, or you can pick them up at the County building. These documents are helpful in providing information as to the size and location of your system.
Septic Inspection Request line: (928) 771-3562
Permit Research line: (928) 771-3465
Fax: (928) 771-3443
Email (including Permit Research Requests): firstname.lastname@example.org